Thursday, October 18, 2012

Princess Bride...25 years later



I remember exactly when and where I saw this movie for the first time-  Mrs. Carpenter's 6th grade class.  All three sixth grade classes huddled around a 32" tv...and were enthralled for two hours.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I bought this movie...knowing our child would not be able to watch it for years and years...but I was still very excited!

I LOVE this movie...and I can not believe it has been 25 years since it came out. Who could ever forget Buttercup, Westley, Inigo, Fezzik, Vizzini, Prince Humperdink, Miracle Max?...and the list goes on and on. 


Here are just a few of my favorite lines from the film:


Inigo Montoya: Who are you?
Man in Black: No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya: I must know...
Man in Black: Get used to disappointment.
Inigo Montoya: 'kay.


 Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.


Miracle Max: There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.


R.O.U.S. - Rodents of Unusual Size


Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.


Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...


Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?



Happy Anniversary Princess Bride!!!! 



(all pictures are from The Princess Bride official website)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment