Thursday, August 2, 2012

Photography: Maternity photo-shoot inspiration


I have been doing a little research for an upcoming maternity photo shoot for my cousin Jessica.  I know Jessica very well of course, but I wanted to make sure she and I were on the same page when it came to the overall look of the pictures- after all, you only have one chance to get it right.  When she and I were talking, she mentioned loving the picture of Diane Keaton pregnant- the photo was featured in the movie "The Family Stone".  I love this picture, and as soon as she mentioned it, I got so excited - it is exactly what I was hoping for.

It is important to both us that the pictures are natural, timeless and avoid the "cheese" factor that so often creeps into maternity photos.


In addition to the photo of Diane Keaton, here are a few other images I am using for inspiration: 

source
source unknown
source
source
source

source
source

...and a couple combination photos to take before and after the baby gets here...

source
source

source

I don't know about you, but I would have been mortified to have someone snapping pictures during the most emotional moment in my life, but when I saw this next series of photos by an amazing photographer, Amelia Lyon, I couldn't help but wish I had had the forethought to have the birth of my two girls captured forever. 

source

...and we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves here...but have you ever seen anything as cute as this? I could absolutely see Jessica's dog George doing this.  He is going to be  a great back-up dad.

source

I am so excited to do this photo shoot.  Have to hurry it up though...she only has a month to go : )

***UPDATE***
I had a blast doing my first maternity shoot with my cousin Jessica : )  You can see the photos here.

*You can check out Jessica's wedding here and her baby shower here.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah she better give you permission to post a few on here! I can't wait to see them; you're going to give her some awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to post them at the beginning of next week. I am very excited! First maternity photo shoot- it's pretty easy to get the momma-to-be to smile : )

      Delete