Thursday, February 7, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Colwyn Thomas

When I first saw South African artist, Colwyn Thomas' illustrations, I was completely taken by them. I LOVE the concept of children interacting within the wild AND with the wild.  Both subject matters are sweet and beautiful, while at the same time very powerful.  I love both his pencil drawings and his graphic designs, but his technique for the latter is as equally intriguing as the images themselves - "He begins each design as a pencil drawing and then converts it into vector lines. Then, he adds colors in Photoshop, using scanned in textures such as coffee stains or various papers until he achieves his desired result." (via My Modern Met)











(all images via My Modern Met)

Pin It


1 comment:

  1. Every Girl Just Wants Her Teddy Bear - wonderful piece!.

    ReplyDelete