Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Design Inspiration: The White Room

via

Lately, I have been falling in love with white...again.  White and I have had a love/hate relationship for quite a while...but I am now ready to let her back into my heart.  This transition did not come overnight.  It actually has been growing for the past couple years.  It seems as if, the busier I am, the more I want my surroundings to be calm, organized and soothing.  And surrounding myself with the tranquility "white" can bring to a space seems to be exactly what I need.  

And now I am taking the plunge.  White is again gracing my walls.  My office is the first room to get the white treatment, and it is absolutely amazing how the absence of color has become the perfect backdrop to feature everything else in the room.  I should have done this years ago.  Hopefully, I can share the progress I have made in my office very soon.  

But, until then, here are a few of the rooms I am being inspired by right now-




via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and calm rooms. Inspiring. I think I'm going to buy some white paint and start with it!
    If I should have a kitchen like that, I'd cook more often!

    ReplyDelete