Thursday, September 5, 2013

Artist Spotlight: Mica Angela Hendricks and her 4 year old daughter


The collaboration between illustrator Mica Angela Hendricks and her 4 year old daughter could not be more perfect...but it almost never happened.  One day as Mica was sketching, her daughter asked if she could draw with her in her new sketchbook.  This has happened to me a thousand times, but unlike Mica, I have not consented in sharing drawing space with my kiddos.  Mica is inspired by black and white movie stills and often draws the faces with no bodies.  After hearing her daughter's sincere request, she let her daughter draw the body... and magic was created.  

I would give anything to be able to go back and see the world as a 4 year old.  The imagination and pure abandon with which she adds dinosaur torsos and beaver tails to these beautiful starlets can only come from the mind of a child.  And this element of fantasy elevates her mother's artwork to a whole new level.  They have a wonderful partnership which has inspired me to not be so stingy the next time Ava asks if she can draw with me.  LOVE it : )  














(via My Modern Met and Society 6)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Incredible! I love them, indeed! I also am an illustrator and I'm delighted with the drawings full of style and the lovely moments they've shared doing them.
    Congratullations!
    www.navarroillustration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are pretty amazing! Makes me wish I had said yes to my daughter all those times she asked to "help" me : ) By the way, I love your work : )

      Delete