Monday, January 13, 2014

My Pinterest menu: Week of January 13th

I don't know about you, but I made a few...I mean a list...of New Year's resolutions, and one of those resolutions was to not eat out so much. It has gotten too easy to go out to eat or eat something really simple, the busier we get.  So much so, that I almost forgot that I like to cook.  

One of the hardest things about cooking each night for me, is deciding what to make.  So I have decided to make a menu out every Sunday and do my grocery shopping for the week on Monday.  Simple concept, I know, but strangely hard for me to do consistently.  And to start the year off right, I am going to start cooking my way through the amazing food I have been pinning on Pinterest.  

I am going to post a menu for the week early on Monday mornings, if you would like to cook along with me. Just click any of the food titles to be directed to the site for cooking instructions.  Each week...five meal ideas with a grocery list at the bottom of each post to make things a little easier.  

Happy cooking everyone : )


via Closet Cooking


via It's My Side of Life 


via Yummly


via Food.com


via Foodie Crush

Let me know what you think as we go along.  I am sure there will be a few misses, but I am excited about finding some new recipes that will become family favorites.  

Grocery List:

Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken-                         
  • 3 tablespoons honey                                                   
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard                                                  
  • 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard (optional)                
  • 2 tablespoons oil                                                         
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)                       
  • 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)                      
  • 1 clove garlic                                                              
  • salt and pepper to taste                                            
  • 1 lb. chicken breast                                                     
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup pretzels

White Beans with Sausage and Spinach-
3/4 pound kielbasa 
2 cups chicken broth 
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups Cannellini beans
2 medium sized tomatoes
6 cups baby spinach leaves
freshly cracked pepper to taste

Toasted Sesame Ginger Salmon-                          
1 1/2 pounds raw salmon                                         
1/4 cup olive oil                                                          

2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil                                

2 tablespoons rice vinegar                                           

2 tablespoons brown sugar                                       

2 tablespoon soy sauce                                              
2 garlic cloves, grated                                                 

1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger                             

1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds                        

4 green onions, sliced                                                

1/4 cup honey                                                          
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil                                    
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds

Creamy Cajun Chicken and Pasta-
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 
linguine
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning 
2 tablespoons butter
1 thinly sliced green onion
1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame dressing-
12 3-inch wonton skins
1/4 cup canola or corn oil for frying
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 chicken breast, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 cups cooked fusilli pasta 
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or grapeseed oil
6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil 
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of images I like it and I will share wwithmy all friends.thanks.

    ReplyDelete