Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Artist Spotlight: Lisa Kellner


When I first saw Lisa Kellner's work, I could not take my eyes off of it.  These images are undoubtedly beautiful, but evoke an unsettling feeling for me.  There are endless possibilities of what she could be representing in her work, but what I love most, is that I see something different every time I look at it.  Made of silk, these very organic sculptures feel a bit threatening as they seem to grow out of spaces, spreading across walls and ceilings and overflowing onto the floor.

"Rooted in the language of decay, erosion and disease, [her] work merges intricate microcosms with immense topographies.  In all of [her] work there is an awareness of location (whether a centimeter wide area on the body or an aerial view of earth) that facilitates the exploration of place and its emotive aspects."










(all images and the excerpt from her artist statement are taken from Lisa Kellner's official website)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment