Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who knew that glasses could be used for more than sight?

So, I have worn glasses since I was seven.  The year was 1985 and I was sooooo excited to pick out my first pair of glasses.  I thought I was so cool.  I didn't have any friends that had glasses...I was going to be the first....and what turned out to be... the only person in my class to have glasses.  It was that way for a while.  And this cool opportunity to be different, turned into the only way I was able to see.  The "cool" factor went out the window.  And suddenly, the bigger the frame, the flatter the lens, the more able I was to see the blackboard.  The first pair of glasses I owned were E.T brand.  Yes, I said E.T. as in Extra-Terrestrial- phone home. 


I look at them now, and I think, I could make these work (maybe).  Back then, my glasses served a purpose-  they were not an accessory.  As I grew up, I was resigned to the fact that my eyes were bad and I had to wear glasses.  It did not occur to me that I could have fun with them, until my first year of college.  And then, my eyes were literally opened.

The options and possibilities are limitless now.   Here are some of my new favorites: 


I wish there were this many options when I was growing up-
                                                                     I WOULD have been sooo cool : )






No comments:

Post a Comment