Thursday, May 2, 2013

An Alice in Wonderland birthday it will be...

It's that time again.  

Isabella is turning five, and plans have begun for her birthday.  Thankfully, my girls' birthdays are exactly 6 months apart, which ends up being the perfect amount of time- I recover for 3 months, and then I give myself 3 months to plan, design and make everything I have in my head for the next party.

I have loved every one of their parties, but I can't remember a time when my head has been this full of ideas.   Alice In Wonderland !!!!...I can't wait.

First off, I have never been a fan of cartoon themes, so I was very happy that Bella and I are both on the same page...that we like vintage Alice more than Disney Alice.  There is a quirkiness to the vintage characters that I absolutely love. 




Here are some of the ideas I am using for inspiration-

For decorations:


I have a vision in my head that I know is completely unrealistic...but I love it.  I LOVE these super big tissue flowers which I think will add a magical feeling to the Mad Hatter Tea Party.  A variety of clocks seem to be an easy way to add a decorative element to the tea party.  And I love the mushroom stools! So cute!  Jason is going to kill me if I even suggest this : )  I can't wait to see his face.  And the tea cup cake stand and the tea cup favor...have to have...have to have. 

For the cake/food:  


I love the idea of having proper tea party fare with a twist - chicken salad sandwiches, veggie finger sandwiches, and of course some scones and jam.  LOVE the meringue mushrooms and the rabbit cookies!

There are still lots of big details to consider such as..."How do I make a proper tea party fit for a bunch of 5 year olds?"...but I think I have a good start. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment