Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Saturday Song...

Through an odd turn of events, this has been a week of reunions.  Last weekend, I caught up with some high school girlfriends.  And on Thursday night, Jason, the girls and I went to dinner with some more friends from high school.

Among all of the people I have caught up with this week, I got to see my two oldest friends- Aaron and Ashley.  We all attended preschool together and continued to go to the same schools all the way through college.

The other night, I watched my girls playing with Aaron's little girl, and I felt a strange sense of satisfaction.  I have two people in my life that I have been friends with for over 30 years...and no matter how much time goes by before we see each other again...I know these people will always be near and dear to my heart.  And when we inevitably get together again...I will first remember us sitting in the yard of that preschool...catching bumblebees...holding impromptu races...forging friendships to last a lifetime. 

It makes me happy to think that maybe some of my girls' earliest memories will include the children of the people in my earliest memories- my very first friends.

Here is a song for your Saturday...  


I hope you have a wonderful weekend : )



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment