Monday, June 10, 2013

Ready to get back in the swing of things...

I was just looking back at the posts I have written in the last few weeks...and I can definitely tell when things were getting really busy.  Fewer and fewer posts the closer we got to the end of the school year. 

At the end of last week, Jason and I took the girls up to the mountains for a little reboot before we officially started our summer.  At first I panicked a little that we had no access to wifi or any cell reception, but then, I felt a little liberated.  With intermittent rain storms, and a cool breeze, the past few days were exactly what I needed to regain some energy and motivation.

Here's a peek into our weekend-

{ old-fashioned fly deterrent...I have never truly believed in it until this past weekend }
{ a trip to an old railroad station with model railroad for the kids }


{one of the most interesting pizza places we have ever been to...it looked like a couple of silos and had a theater inside }


{ a table completely covered in Calvin & Hobbs comic strips...still one of my all-time favorites }
{ This is Bacon...a basset hound from Europe.  He was sooooo cute and also very stinky : )   }
{ the girls got to play with the goats at Carl Sandburg's home }

{ and these guys kept trying to eat my hair }
{ the farm's cat was completely comfortable in the goat's food.  Nothing was going to move her from her bed }
{ One of the highlights from the weekend was meeting the newest addition to our family... Miss Cora Josephine.  She is adorable! }
{ an old-fashioned drugstore/ soda shop }

{ and ice cream was had by all : )  }

I feel completely rejuvenated from the craziness that the last few weeks have been.  And hopefully, I will have a little more time to spend on the blog.  I have truly missed it.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend with lots of rest and relaxation. 

Until tomorrow....


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment