Thursday, March 22, 2012

3 events in 3 weeks: Event #2 my art show

In May of last year, three big events took place in three very short weeks- one spectacular wedding, one nerve-wracking art show and one adorable 3 year old's birthday party.  It was a bit coincidental that a wedding I had been designing for a year, an art show I had been putting together for six months and a birthday party I had been planning for two months all came together in three jam-packed stressful weeks. 

Event # 2 : My art show

Resignation / 30"x40" / acrylic on canvas / 2011

Retired / 18"x24" / charcoal on paper / 2011

Once... / 24"x36" / acrylic on canvas / 2011

Unwritten / 30"x42" / ink and charcoal / 2011

Au Cafe / 48"x48" /  acrylic on canvas / 2011

I had not shown since I graduated college, and I was extremely nervous to jump back into the world where subjectivity reigns supreme.  I am glad I did it though.  From this show, I was offered another show at an art and history museum...which is coming up very soon...and I am completely unprepared for it.  

The concept of the show without going off on a tangent ( hopefully ): 

Try and give deference to the life an object or thing has held before we retire it or think of it as being worthless.  How many stories has an old typewriter told...how many love letters have been written on it...whose fingers have typed on those keys...and what thoughts have materialized through it?


Well, I have got to get back to the drawing board...literally : )




                                                                 







No comments:

Post a Comment