It is a rainy and very cold day here. The type of day that you want to curl up on the couch... wrapped up in your favorite blanket... with something warm and comforting to eat. When thinking about what I was going to make for dinner tonight, I thought that creamy chicken and wild rice soup with fresh baked beer bread sounded perfect.
I have bought beer bread mixes before, never knowing how extremely easy it is to make. The likelihood is that you have everything you need to make beer bread in your pantry and refrigerator right now. Here is an great-tasting and simple recipe-
Beer Bread Recipe:
- 3 cups flour (sifted)**
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) can/bottle of beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup will do just fine)*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients and beer.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
* This recipe makes a very hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust (like a traditional bread) mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
**Sifting the flour is a must do. Scooping the flour into a measuring cup and then leveling it off will compact the flour and make your bread hard as a brick.
(recipe from food.com)
If you do not feel like making the bread from scratch Tastefully Simple sells amazing beer bread mixes.