Ava's "butterfly" birthday party is almost here. The invitations are out and she is growing more excited every day.
I love these invitations for their three-dimensional quality. It makes them far more interesting than images printed on a flat piece of paper. They are very simple to make as well.
You will need:
- 5x7 white notecards
- buttons of various colors and sizes
- white thread and needle
- butterfly punch (ek success brand 3 in 1 butterfly punch)
- 3 pieces of scrapbook paper-
(1 print, 1 solid color card stock, 1 solid color with a different texture or finish)
- yellow, light green and dark green permanent markers (fine point)
- super glue
- After deciding on the wording you would like, align the text to the right and print the note-cards.
- Pick buttons that coordinate with the paper you have chosen. Place the buttons at the heights you would like the flowers to be and sew them onto the card.
- Draw in the stems and leaves with a dotted line to mimic stitches. I used the bright yellow first, then added the light green to the leaves and used the dark green for the shadows.
- Using the 3 in 1 butterfly punch, punch out the butterflies from each of the three papers- each paper should be punched out with a different stage of the punch. I chose pink card stock as the solid butterfly punch, the floral print as the middle butterfly and the glossy finish turquoise paper as the top butterfly punch.
- Slightly bend the wings on the butterfly punch-outs and then glue them together at the bend of the butterflies.
- Place the butterfly where you would like it on the note-card. Glue the bottom of the butterfly to the note-card.
And then....voila! instant "butterfly in flight" invitations : )