Monday, December 12, 2011

An ode to coffee...

When I was sick a couple weeks ago...when I was really sick...I wrote "Ode to Coffee".  Not until I started to feel better... and did not have as many drugs in my system...did I actually read this.  I was about to erase the whole thing when I realized that as ridiculous as it is...every single word of it is true.  I owe it to "coffee" to be honest about my feelings.  It has given me so much...this is the least I can do : )

(Please remember I was really sick)





I love you hot...

I love you cold...

I love you mild...

I love you bold.



 I love you blended...

I love you with foam...

I love you in the car...

I love you at home.



I love you in a cup...

I love you in a paper sleeve...

I love you in a mug...

even though it's hard to leave. 



I love you simple...

I love you complicated...

I love you when I am happy...

and even when I am aggravated.



I love you in a local shop...

I love you in a chain...

I love you in a drive-thru...

especially when it rains.



You are the only thing that can help me...

when I am extra tired.

You erase the fog....

and get me wired.



You are my happy place...

when I feel out of sync.

You help me arrange my thoughts...

in a blink.



I will stay devoted...

until my last day.

I LOVE you coffee...

in every way.








2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAA!!! Love this and you for posting! My fearless, creative cousin and friend. How I love thee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you for loving! What is so funny is that I was writing this in a complete stupor when you called. Remember?

      Thank you always for your constant support. Means the world! : )

      Delete