Here are the top five reasons I love this website:
1) Kid's Parties- every theme you can think of has been done and is posted on the website. The pictures are wonderful and every detail is documented. The parties are elaborate- but if you use them as inspiration, you can scale your own child's party down or you could expand on the ideas you see.
|This is one of my favorite parties that is featured on the site- "Up" themed birthday party for a 7 year old|
|The details in this cake are amazing.|
|Each child at this party received a travel journal just like Ellie had in the movie|
|The kids watched "Up" as their entertainment|
|This balloon wreath is adorable and could be done for all kinds of parties|
|Each of the kids was given an Ellie badge for their favor.|
2) Recipes and DIY tutorials- Under the Design and Creative tab of the blog, there are tons of ideas with specific instructions and recipes so you can recreate your favorites at home.
|I loved this idea- Sooooo cute!|
|The instructions are shown step by step|
|...and the recipes are listed as well|
3) Surprise Giveaways- What I love about the surprise giveaways is not that I think I could win any of it. I love it because most of the giveaways are from companies I am unaware of and I end up loving. It's a great way to find what your next "favorite" could be.
|This giveaway was for Pop and Lolli oversized fabric wall decals- reusable, removable and repositionable|
|Sooo cute and did I mention fabric? Would be perfect for a bonus room or playroom.|
4) Creative Food- I love finding new ways to prepare everyone's old favorites. The creative food tab on the website is filled with creative ideas on how to make an old recipe new and exciting. I loved this recent posting for making chocolate and candy keys and jewelry:
|These would be amazing for a vintage-inspired bridal shower - a new twist on the chocolate mint served at bridal showers years ago.|
5) Fabulous Gift Ideas- I love gifts- making them and giving them. If I don't have the time to make a gift, I love having resources to find special gifts- that are special and especially thoughtful for the person I am giving them to. HWTM website has a Fabulous Gift Ideas tab that features retailers that offer something new and different.
|All of these serving dishes are offered through Sweet and Saucy Supply|
|I love the vintage-inspired look of these cake stands and candy dishes|
|Any of this party ware would be a great bridal or hostess gift|
(All of these pictures were taken from the HWTM website and should be attributed to the individual photographers at each linked site)